Sep/2014 - present: Principle Investigator, College of Life Sciences, South China Agricultural University.
Dec/2010 - Aug/2014: Postdoctoral Research Scientist, JohnsHopkins University & The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
1. PlantCell and Molecular Biology
2. Cell Polarization and Cytokinesis
3. Protein Targeting and Trafficking
4. Plant Reproductive Biology
5. Plant Biotechnology
10. Hao Wang#, Qiong Zhao# (co-first author), Jiaxin Fu, Xiangfeng Wang and LiwenJiang* (2018) Re-assessment ofbiolistic transient expression: an efficient and robustmethod for proteinlocalization studies in seedling-lethal mutant and juvenile plants. Plant Science 274, 2-7.
9. Xiaomin Peng, Shanshan Li and Hao Wang* (2018) Time bomb for pollen tubes: peptideRALF-1 mediated signaling. MolecularPlant 11, 518-520.
8. Xiaomin Peng#, Guitao Zhong# (co-first author) and Hao Wang* (2018) Co-expressionof multiple chimeric fluorescent fusion proteins in an efficient way in plants. Journalof Visualized Experiments 137, DOI:10.3791/57345.
7. Guitao Zhong, Qinlong Zhu, Yingxin Li, YaoguangLiu and Hao Wang* (2017) Once for all: a novel robust system for co-expression of multiplechimeric fluorescent fusion proteins in plants. Frontiers in Plant Science, DOI: 10.3389/fpls.2017.01071.
6. Guitao Zhong#, Ronghe Liu# (co-first author), Menglong Zhuang and HaoWang* (2017) Transient Expression of ChimericFluorescent Reporter Proteins in Pollen Tubes to Study Protein Polar Secretionand Dynamics. Methods in MolecularBiology, 1662:115-124.
5. *Hao Wang and *Liwen Jiang (2017) Polar protein exocytosis: lessons fromplant pollen tube. In: Obermeyer G, Feijó J (eds) Pollen Tube Tip Growth: From Biophysical Aspects to Systems Biology.Springer Verlag, In press.
4. Huei-Jing Wang Wang, Ya-Wen Hsu, Cian-Ling Guo,Wann-Nang Jane, Hao Wang, Liwen Jiang and Guang-Yuh Jauh (2017)VPS36-Mediated MVB Formation is Critical for Plasmamembrane Protein Turnoverand Vacuolar Biogenesis. PlantPhysiology 173:566-581.
3. Hao Wang#, Xiaohong Zhuang# (co-first author), Xiangfeng Wang, Angus Ho YinLaw, Teng Zhao, Shengwang Du, Michael M. T. Loy and Liwen Jiang (2016) ADistinct Pathway for Polar Exocytosis for Plant Cell Wall Formation. Plant Physiology 172:1003-1018.
2. Teng Zhao, Sze Cheung Lau, Ying Wang, Yumian Su,Hao Wang, Aifang Cheng, Shengwang Du & M. M. T. Loy (2016) Multicolor 4D Fluorescence Microscopy usingUltrathin Slit Bessel Light-sheets. ScientificReports DOI: 10.1038/srep26159
1. Hao Wang (2016) Visualizing Plant Cells in A Brand New Way. Molecular Plant 9, 633-635.
Ph.D.and Postdoctoral Work:
1. Xiangfeng Wang#, Yi, Cai# (co-first author), Hao Wang,Yonglun Zheng, Xiaohong Zhuang, Baiying Li, and Liwen Jiang. (2014) Trans-GolgiNetwork-Located AP1 Gamma Adaptins Mediate Dileucine Motif-Directed VacuolarTargeting in Arabidopsis. The PlantCell 26, 4102-4118.
2. Songshan Li#, Qinghai He# (co-first author), Hao Wang, Xuming Tang, Kam WingHo, Xin Gao, Qian Zhang, Yang Shen, Annie Cheung, Francis Wong, Yung Hou Wong,Nancy Y. Ip, Liwen Jiang , Wing Hou Yung, Kai Liu. (2014) Injured adult retinalaxons with Pten and Socs3 co-deletion reform active synapses withsuprachiasmatic neurons. Neurobiology of Disease 73, 366-376.
3. *HaoWang and *Liwen Jiang. (2014) Immunofluorescence Labeling of PollenTubes. Bio-protocol 4(10): http://www.bio-protocol.org/e1131.*co-corresponding authors.
4. Xiaohong Zhuang#, Hao Wang# (co-firstauthor), Sheung Kwan Lam, Caiji Gao, Xiangfeng Wang, Yi Cai and Liwen Jiang (2013) A BAR-domainProtein SH3P2, binding to PI3P and ATG8, reveals and regulates theautophagosome formation in Arabidopsisthaliana. The Plant Cell 25,4596-4615.
5. Hao Wang#, XiaohongZhuang# (co-first author), Yi Cai, Alice Y. Cheung and Liwen Jiang(2013) Apical F-Actin Regulated Exocytic Targeting of NtPPME1 is Essentialfor Pollen Tube Cell Wall Construction and Rigidity. The Plant Journal 76, 367-379
6. Liang-Zi Zhou, Sha Li, Qiang-Nan Feng,Yu-Ling Zhang ,Xinying Zhao, Yong-lun Zeng, Hao Wang, Liwen Jiang, and Yan Zhang (2013) Protein S-ACYL Trasnferase10 IsCritical for Development and Salt Tolerance in Arabidopsis. The Plant Cell 25, 1093-1107
7. Yi Cai, Xiaohong Zhuang, JunqiWang, Hao Wang, Sheung KwanLam, Caiji Gao, Xiangfeng Wang and Liwen Jiang (2012) Vacuolar Degradation of TwoIntegral Plasma Membrane Proteins, AtLRR84A and OsSCAMP1, Is CargoUbiquitination-Independent and Prevacuolar Compartment-Mediated in Plant Cells. Traffic 13, 1023-1040
8. Hao Wang, andLiwen Jiang (2011) Transient Expression and Analysis of Fluorescent ReporterProteins in Plant Pollens. Nature Protocols 6, 419-426
9. Hao Wang, XiaohongZhuang, Stefan Hillmer, David G Robinson and Liwen Jiang (2011) VacuolarSorting Receptor (VSR) Proteins Reach the Plasma Membrane in Germinating PollenTubes. Molecular Plant 4, 845-853
10. Hao Wang, John C Rogers and LiwenJiang (2011) Plant RMR proteins: Unique Vacuolar Sorting Receptors that CoupleLigand Sorting with Membrane Internalization. FEBS Journal 278, 59-68.
11. Hao Wang, Yu Chung Tse, Angus Ho Yin Law, Samuel Sai-ming Sun, Yongbin Sun,Zeng-fu Xu, Stefan Hillmer, David G Robinson and Liwen Jiang (2010) VacuolarSorting Receptor (VSR) and Secretory Carrier Membrane Protein (SCAMP) areEssential for Pollen Tube Growth. The Plant Journal 61, 826-838.
Review Editor on Board, Frontiers in Plant Science (Plant Cell Biology)
Member, American Society of Plant Biologiests
Graduate Students (Ph.D.& Master)
Thelab is interested in recruiting ambitious and highly motivated Ph.D. and Mastercandidates to study organelle biogenesis, cell polarity, cytokinesis and endomembranetrafficking in plant cells. Candidates should send their CV with your priorresearch experience, any relevant coursework to firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate Students (Student Helper & Final Year Project)
We warmly welcome highly motivated undergraduatestudents working in the lab. If you are currently a SCAU student looking forresearch experience, please email me (email@example.com)with your prior experience, any relevant coursework, a rough estimate of howmuch time you plan to spend in lab.
Molecular Biology (Annual Autumn-semester Undergraduate Course)
Advanced Cell Biology (Annual Autumn-semester Postgraduate Course)
This is an English-taught course. Thecourse is designed to introduce graduate students and upper-divisionundergraduates to contemporary approaches and paradigms in cell and molecularbiology. Recent examples of development of new imaging technologies and their applicationsin modern cell and molecular biology will be discussed. The course will includelectures, in-class discussions of primary literature and hands-on explorationof microscopes and imaging tools. Evaluations will be based on in-class discussionsand oral presentations. Students will be asked to provide feedback and evaluations to theirclassmates on their oral presentations.
1. 2017 SCAU Postgraduate Oversea Research Scholarship: LIU Jing
2. 2017 National Postgraduate Scholarship (1st class): ZHONG Guitao
3. 2016 SCAU Postgraduate Oversea Research Scholarship: ZHONG Guitao