Sep/2014 - present: Principle Investigator, College of Life Sciences, South China Agricultural University.
Dec/2010 - Aug/2014: Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Johns Hopkins University & The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
1. Plant Cell and Molecular Biology
2. Cell Polarization and Cytokinesis
3. Protein Targeting and Trafficking
4. Plant Reproductive Biology
5. Plant Biotechnology
1. Shanshan Li, He Yan, Wei-Ming Mei, Yu Chung Tse and Hao Wang* (2019) Boosting autophagy in sexual reproduction: a plant perspective. New Phytologist (Accepted).
2.Guolan Liu, Weiyuan Yang, Xiaojing Zhang, Tao Peng, Yi Zou, Tao Yang, Hao Wang, Xuncheng Liu, Li-zhen Tao* (2019) Cystathionine beta-lyase is crucial for embryo patterning and the maintenance of root stem cell niche in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 99, 536-555.
3.Hao Wang#, Qiong Zhao# (co-first author), Jiaxin Fu, Xiangfeng Wang and *Liwen Jiang (2018) Re-assessment of biolistic transient expression: an efficient and robustmethod for protein localization studies in seedling-lethal mutant and juvenile plants. Plant Science 274, 2-7.
(highlighted as 2019 journal cover of Plant Science)
4. Xiaomin Peng, Shanshan Li and Hao Wang* (2018) Time bomb for pollen tubes: peptide RALF-1 mediated signaling. Molecular Plant 11, 518-520.
5. Xiaomin Peng#, Guitao Zhong# (co-first author) and Hao Wang* (2018) Co-expression of multiple chimeric fluorescent fusion proteins in an efficient way in plants. Journal of Visualized Experiments, DOI:10.3791/57345.
6. Guitao Zhong, Qinlong Zhu, Yingxin Li, Yaoguang Liu and Hao Wang* (2017) Once for all: a novel robust system for co-expression of multiple chimeric fluorescent fusion proteins in plants. Frontiers in Plant Science, DOI: 10.3389/fpls.2017.01071.
7. Guitao Zhong#, Ronghe Liu#, Menglong Zhuang and Hao Wang* (2017) Transient Expression of Chimeric Fluorescent Reporter Proteins in Pollen Tubes to Study Protein Polar Secretion and Dynamics. Methods in Molecular Biology, 1662, 115-124.
8. Hao Wang* and Liwen Jiang* (2017) Polar protein exocytosis: lessons from plant pollen tube. In: Obermeyer G, Feijó J (eds) Pollen Tube Tip Growth: From Biophysical Aspects to Systems Biology, Springer Nature.
9. Huei-Jing Wang Wang, Ya-Wen Hsu, Cian-Ling Guo, Wann-Nang Jane, Hao Wang, Liwen Jiang and Guang-Yuh Jauh* (2016) VPS36-Mediated MVB Formation is Critical for Plasmamembrane Protein Turnover and Vacuolar Biogenesis. Plant Physiology 173, 566-581.
10. Hao Wang, Xiaohong Zhuang, Xiangfeng Wang, Angus Ho Yin Law, Teng Zhao, Shengwang Du, Michael M. T. Loy and Liwen Jiang* (2016) A Distinct Pathway for Polar Exocytosis in Plant Cell Wall Formation. Plant Physiology 172, 1003-1018.
11.Teng Zhao, Sze Cheung Lau, Ying Wang, Yumian Su, Hao Wang, Aifang Cheng, Shengwang Du & M. M. T. Loy* (2016) Multicolor 4D Fluorescence Microscopy using Ultrathin Slit Bessel Light-sheets. Scientific Reports DOI: 10.1038/srep26159.
12. Hao Wang* (2016) Visualizing Plant Cells in A Brand New Way. Molecular Plant 9, 633-635.
Ph.D. and Postdoctoral Work:
13 .Xiangfeng Wang#, Yi, Cai# (co-first author), Hao Wang, Yonglun Zheng, Xiaohong Zhuang, Baiying Li, and Liwen Jiang*. (2014) Trans-Golgi Network-Located AP1 Gamma Adaptins Mediate Dileucine Motif-Directed Vacuolar Targeting in Arabidopsis. The Plant Cell 26, 4102-4118.
14. Songshan Li, Qinghai He, Hao Wang, Xuming Tang, Kam Wing Ho, Xin Gao, Qian Zhang, Yang Shen, Annie Cheung, Francis Wong, Yung Hou Wong, Nancy Y. Ip, Liwen Jiang , Wing Hou Yung, Kai Liu*. (2014) Injured adult retinal axons with Pten and Socs3 co-deletion reform active synapses with suprachiasmatic neurons. Neurobiology of Disease 73, 366-376.
15. Hao Wang*and Liwen Jiang*. (2014) Immunofluorescence Labeling of Pollen Tubes. Bio-protocol 4(10): http://www.bio-protocol.org/e1131.
16. Xiaohong Zhuang#, Hao Wang#(co-first author), Sheung Kwan Lam, Caiji Gao, Xiangfeng Wang, Yi Cai and Liwen Jiang (2013) A BAR-domain Protein SH3P2, binding to PI3P and ATG8, reveals and regulates the autophagosome formation in Arabidopsis thaliana. The Plant Cell 25, 4596-4615.
17. Hao Wang, Xiaohong Zhuang, Yi Cai, Alice Y. Cheung and Liwen Jiang* (2013) Apical F-Actin Regulated Exocytic Targeting of NtPPME1 is Essential for Pollen Tube Cell Wall Construction and Rigidity. Plant Journal 76, 367-379.
18. Liang-Zi Zhou, Sha Li, Qiang-Nan Feng, Yu-Ling Zhang ,Xinying Zhao, Yong-lun Zeng, Hao Wang, Liwen Jiang, and Yan Zhang* (2013) Protein S-ACYL Trasnferase10 Is Critical for Development and Salt Tolerance in Arabidopsis. The Plant Cell 25, 1093-1107.
19. Yi Cai, Xiaohong Zhuang, Junqi Wang, Hao Wang, Sheung Kwan Lam, Caiji Gao, Xiangfeng Wang and Liwen Jiang* (2012) Vacuolar Degradation of Two Integral Plasma Membrane Proteins, AtLRR84A and OsSCAMP1, Is Cargo Ubiquitination-Independent and Prevacuolar Compartment-Mediated in Plant Cells. Traffic 13, 1023-1040.
20. Hao Wang and Liwen Jiang* (2011) Transient Expression and Analysis of Fluorescent Reporter Proteins in Plant Pollens. Nature Protocols 6, 419-426.
21.Hao Wang, Xiaohong Zhuang, Stefan Hillmer, David G Robinson and Liwen Jiang* (2011) Vacuolar Sorting Receptor (VSR) Proteins Reach the Plasma Membrane in Germinating Pollen Tubes. Molecular Plant 4, 845-853.
22. Hao Wang, John C Rogers and Liwen Jiang* (2011) Plant RMR proteins: Unique Vacuolar Sorting Receptors that Couple Ligand Sorting with Membrane Internalization. FEBS Journal 278, 59-68.
23. Hao Wang, Yu Chung Tse, Angus Ho Yin Law, Samuel Sai-ming Sun, Yongbin Sun, Zeng-fu Xu, Stefan Hillmer, David G Robinson and Liwen Jiang* (2010) Vacuolar Sorting Receptor (VSR) and Secretory Carrier Membrane Protein (SCAMP) are Essential for Pollen Tube Growth. Plant Journal 61, 826-838.
1. 2020-2023,the Major Research Plan of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, Molecular characterization of unconventional exocytosis in spatiotemporally regulating cell polarity in plants. (PI)
2. 2018-2021, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Molecular Characterization of Autophagosome Biogenesis and Functions in Pollen Germination and Growth. (PI)
3. 2017-2019, Natural Science Foundation of Guangzhou, China, Functional Study of Autophagy in Pollen Tube Growth and Plant Fertilization. (PI)
4. 2016-2018, Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province, China, Molecular Characterization of An Unconventional Protein Exocytosis in Cytokinesis. (PI)
5. 2016-2019, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Molecular Characterization of an Unconventional Protein Exocytic Pathway in Regulating Plant Cell Wall Formation and Rigidity. (PI)
Review Editor on Board, Frontiers in Plant Science (Plant Cell Biology)
Member, American Society of Plant Biologiests
Graduate Students (Ph.D.& Master)
The lab is interested in recruiting ambitious and highly motivated Ph.D. and Mastercandidates to study organelle biogenesis, cell polarity, cytokinesis and endomembranetrafficking in plant cells. Candidates should send their CV with your priorresearch experience, any relevant coursework to firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate Students (Student Helper & Final Year Project)
We warmly welcome highly motivated undergraduatestudents working in the lab. If you are currently a SCAU student looking for research experience, please email me (email@example.com) with your prior experience, any relevant coursework, a rough estimate of howmuch time you plan to spend in lab.
Molecular Biology (Annual Autumn-semester Undergraduate Course)
Advanced Cell Biology (Annual Autumn-semester Postgraduate Course)
This is an English-taught course. The course is designed to introduce graduate students and upper-division undergraduates to contemporary approaches and paradigms in cell and molecular biology. Recent examples of development of new imaging technologies and their applicationsin modern cell and molecular biology will be discussed. The course will include lectures, in-class discussions of primary literature and hands-on explorationof microscopes and imaging tools. Evaluations will be based on in-class discussionsand oral presentations. Students will be asked to provide feedback and evaluations to theirclassmates on their oral presentations.
1. 2017 SCAU Postgraduate Oversea Research Scholarship: LIU Jing
2. 2017 National Postgraduate Scholarship (1st class): ZHONG Guitao
3. 2016 SCAU Postgraduate Oversea Research Scholarship: ZHONG Guitao